December 30, 2011

Our Dog that Lasted a Week

Well, we had a puppy for a week. 
I had been begging Trent to let us get one for ever, and so finally we found one that we liked. His friend from Vernal was giving him away for free so we decided we would try it. 
I knew it wasn't gonna be the best idea, but I just wanted to try it so bad (Hello can you blame me?! i've never had a dog my whole life!!) that i couldn't resist. I knew it was a bad idea in the first place because A. Trent and i are gone like all day every day at work or school, B. because we live in a condo complex with neighbors under us and next to us, and C. because our apartment is not the biggest place you've ever seen. 
But on the other hand, if you have a kid, you can't just give it back or change your mind. You have to keep the kid for the rest of your life. But if you get a puppy, you can always sell it or give it away to someone else :) yes to selling puppies, no to selling babies haha. So if we decided it wasn't gonna work I would at least get my dog fix and then we could give him away. 
Anyways, we got Benji. We loved Benji. He was SO dang cute. I mean just look at the lil fella!
His first walk. He was so funny, he had to sniff EVERYTHING! It took us like 10 minutes just to get down one side of the block!
We learned some funny things about Benji (We picked out his name by the way, in case you were wondering. So cute, i know.) First, we taught him how to fetch. This was my favorite, and probably another reason our downstairs neighbors probably don't like us.
 Second, he LOVED us. When we came home, he would FREAK out. He loved our attention. He would be totally fine if he could just hang out by us. And while he was sleeping too! He would NOT go to sleep at night unless he was by us, meaning on our bed with us (on a towel). After we finally gave in each night and put him on our bed, he was fine all night. He didn't wake up until we did. Yes and i was the girl that said i would NEVER let a dog sleep on my bed. Oh crap, I'm gonna be a pushover mom. haha kidding. Trent just looked at that last sentence and said "yeahhh right..." :)
I thought this was so funny. Watching football together, this was when we knew he was a true boy :)
 Speaking of sleeping, it seemed like Benji could never get comfy. He would keep moving around in the weirdest positions, it was so funny. 
Exhibit A:
And my personal favorite...
His favorite spot to hang out when we weren't looking was under our couch. Not under it on the floor, but literally, right under it. He found a little hole, ripped it open and got up in there. Oh geez. Trent snapped a picture right as he was trying to capture him before he got up in there. PS This is our ugly couch that we won the ugly couch contest with (post on that coming later) that was made worse thanks to Benji
 
Benji also LOVED to pee anywhere BUT his designated pee mat. Yes this is me after i stepped in a pee puddle.
Trent & I set our bag with all our overnight stuff on one of the sofas, which he was too little to jump up on. We came to find somehow he did get to it and wanted to brush his teeth... with our sonicare toothbrushes...
Haha i was so mad but i still think it is so funny. I'm laughing so hard just thinking about it. The funny thing is I asked trent if he just wanted to put his brush tip through his UV sanitizer and use it again, and he gave me the funniest look like i just asked him if he wanted to, well, brush with the same toothbrush our dog just chewed and slobbered on. Then i realized how stupid that question was! haha! The joys of having a dog. I got my dog fix for a while and we are not having another one until we have a house with a yard :) I made it sound like he was a terror dog, but really he was so cute and so fun. We did love having him for a week! After we gave him to a cute family from KSL we also have loved NOT having a puppy and having one less thing to worry about. Sorry Benj. And sorry neighbors for our experimental pet whim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment