September 7, 2012

Catch Up Time

Hey everyone! 
School has started and therefore, I don't have a life anymore. It is 
C.R.A.Z.Y. 
I feel like I just simply can't do everything I'm supposed to do (aka homework, read 942478 pages of random textbooks, write papers, go to class, cook meals, clean my house, do laundry, go to the temple, go visiting teaching, go to work, you get the point - probably sounds familiar to you!) so what do i do? 
I blog. haha.
I decided i am so sick of being behind on my blog! And i have a ton of things i want to blog about, but you know me - i can't blog about something until i get to it chronologically, so i can keep everything in order.
SO,
i am going to do ONE grand, brief catch-up post. Like a fast forward of our lives! Basically from May until now. haha only like 3-4 months right? Right? So get comfy, here we go!

My cute as ever nephew Rome - has good style I must admit!
I had a little incident where I was up in Salt Lake and ran out of gas, but completely forgot my wallet was in my purse and i only had my backpack!! Don't mind the fact that I was RIGHT next to the homeless shelter. Luckily I found $2.23 in my car, and was able to make it to my cute Grandma & Grandpa Hansen's and they saved the day! I've never been so happy to see a $20 bill in my life!
We babysat my cute cousins - Donny & Summer's kids! This entailed us getting talked into going to the Humane Society, which was funny! And interesting..! And me being more excited to do the teeter totter than any of them!
We went up to ... (is it Pinecone or Porcupine Reservoir? I forget everytime, thanks a lot Tiarra!) It's up in Logan - with Britt, Camille, Tiarra, Will and their kids, and it was so fun!
Someone was a little excited to try to spearfish, except the water was freezing!!
Tell me this doesn't look like a baptism picture! Haha!
Model child! hehe
I just can't get enough of him sometimes! so cute!
look at the leaf i found!




Trent's family came to salt lake! We went to city creek and then played bocci ball at a park! So fun!
My daddy's grave on Memorial Day, it looked so pretty
Little getaway to Park City!
Trent & I babysat this family in my mom's neighborhood for almost a week, it was an adventure! Their house was amazing though... hope they don't mind me posting pictures haha.
Sauna in the Master Bath
Trent playing with Calvin in their basement sport court!
We got so hooked on this dumb pinball game!!
loooved having a fast car to drive for the week. I need one.
My favorite part - the bath fills from the ceiling!
Playing with Trent's waterproof iphone case in their pool!
Then it was time for my family reunion! My great grandma on my dad's side of the family takes the whole extended family, all 130 of us, up to Aspen Grove for a week every other year. We have so much fun! We just love our family.
We went to a firework show for the 4th of July during the week, it was the best firework show ever! We were laying right under the fireworks, so it was SO awesome! Parts of the fireworks were even falling on us!
Doing the ropes course at Aspen Grove! sorry it's a little blurry, not my fault :)
You can't really tell but this is Jeremy and I together on a wire way up there!
It rained and we got a little carried away, haha
My hunny bunny playing tennis - isn't he cute?!
CUTEST thing ever. Amy & I are sitting in the arts & crafts place painting, when out of nowhere this butterfly comes in the door and lands on her finger! It kept flying around her and landing on her, and wouldn't fly anywhere else! Somehow I captured the moment it landed on her nose!
Trent and I moved to a new place. To put it short, we love our new place! It's so much bigger & we have more space for our stuff, and let me tell ya - we have a lot of stuff. How i don't know, but it's insane. We do miss Ryan and Nat at our old place, but we are happy to live in a place where we feel like it's kind of our own little place! And we have a yard! And trent has a shop that he loves :) Anyways, I was feeling super motivated thanks to Pinterest and felt the huge need to paint our kitchen cupboards. I will post pics soon...
This is a long story, but i had to add it to advertise how much we dislike/HATE comcast. Basically we went to return our cable box to them, got there RIGHT at 6:00 on the dot and they had already locked their doors, and FOUR people just stared at Trent as he held up the box, ignored him, and walked away. K at least have the decency to come to the door and be like "sorry we are closed now, our systems are shut down and we're not allowed to return it now" or something! So what did he do? He threw the box on top of the grate thing above the door (see it in the pic?) Haha!! He was really mad but I was like dying laughing watching in the car! 
So! 
Don't get comcast!
 Their customer service is SO bad. Like it's not even worthy of being called service. Gets me all worked up!
Tiarra & I went to THE funniest yard sale of my life. "Wish Rocks - Free to good home." Haha!! PS they weren't joking
Good times with T at yard sales!! haha we always have fun adventures :) PS this is her table she bought for a steal of a deal! cute right?! (minus me being a dork!)
Logan Rodeo!
Ryann and "ucle tret" snuggling, aw!
Sorry Ryann - I really do love you too. I just have more pictures of Rome for some reason! Not like her 3 year old self is reading this.
I had been dying to play Clue for ever! Tiarra and I found a wayyy old version at a yard sale, so i got it, for 25 cents :) haha
I made cake pops!! Tutorial coming soon :) (see what I mean? I have a lot of blogging to do!)
Every August my family goes to Lake Powell. The night before, I was packing at midnight (of course) and realized that i couldn't find my black swim suit bottoms - anywhere! Last year I had bought (boughten? haha bought sounds weird) a lot of tankini tops and I just wore my black bottoms with almost all of them. And those black bottoms were MIA (and still are). So in the morning on our way to meet everyone, I stop at Kmart. Surely they would have some plain black bottoms, but of course everyone is excited about halloween already and swim suits were like so last season (happens to me every year and i get really annoyed every year). So I try ShopKo, my last resort, and lo and behold, in the kids section, I found this. A Justin Bieber swim suit. Awesome. Thanks Biebs for saving my day (and thanks for being on clearance!)
haha!
September through July we all seem to drive around just fine and have no car problems. But it seems like every year, it's just not Lake Powell if you don't have car issues. So we got delayed a little bit, but of course it's always a good time when you're with the Adamsons!
 Like always, we had so much fun at Lake Powell! I don't think one of us took a single picture! (Not typical when Riley is aboard!) It was kinda nice though! We were all just so into having fun that we forgot to take pictures. So just believe me when i say we skied (that looks weird - skiied? ski-d?), we wakeboarded, we fished, we ate all day long, we got some sun, and now you don't even need pictures! There!

In other news... 
My lifelong best friend Erika got married!! I just love her! 
She was such a beautiful bride & had such a pretty wedding! 
I'm so happy for her & so excited that she gets to discover the fun world of marriage! 
Yay!!
Jeremy got his Eagle Scout award! Congrats Bear! Such a proud big little sister :)
My mom made us the cutest little "back to school basket!" I had it sitting out all week like this cause i thought it was just so cute of her! Thanks mom!
And that brings us to the end of our summer.
:(   :(   :(   :(   :(
I love summer. I never want it to end. 
Fun fact about Natalie: It bugs me that people get excited about fall and halloween and stuff so early. It's like "hey, it's summer, let's enjoy summer while it's summer, and enjoy fall when it gets here. Enjoy what's here when it's here." For the record, this rule doesn't apply in February when we're all dying for it to be spring again.
And then we have to go back to school which makes it even harder. 
I could cry just thinking about it. I think i have summer-over-sadness-syndrome.
Not really, but really.
Come back summer! 
Come back... Come back... Come back... come back...  (as it dramatically echoes off into the distance...) 
haha! i crack myself up. 
(Picture taken by my brother Riley!)
 

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that the water comes out of the ceiling for the tub. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was amazing! They also had a sauna in their bathroom, and a shower that was HUGE! Like half the size of my bedroom, no joke!

      Delete
  2. nice recap! i miss summer already too!

    ReplyDelete