July 20, 2013

BFF's Baby: Aliah

Well I've about reached my typical 2-months-late-post standard, so I guess better post! 
Our cute friends Ryan & Natalie had their baby!! 
It was so fun being able to go through the whole process with them (well not the WHOLE process, that could get a little crazy...haha) 
But it was fun for me to be there with Nat through the whole pregnancy and hear how everything was going! 
Nat asked if I would take pictures of her and Ryan to send as an announcement to their families. We decided we liked this idea best... I think they turned out so cute!
I LOVE this one... haha
 By the way - we were going around to different spots to see which pictures we liked best. Nat and I saw this brick wall from afar and thought it was perfect! We parked and walked over there, and the "+" and the "=3" was already spray painted on the wall! So meant to be!
cuties :)
Nat's other friend Hilary and I threw her a baby shower. It turned out so cute!
 I even made the invitation & thought it was pretty cute if I can say so myself. I think I might put these up on Etsy if I can ever remember to do it! 
 I wanted to make Nat's baby girl a quilt - this is how it turned out. The backing is cream minky - it's soo soft & cuddly! 
I loved making it :)
Well, fast forward to the day of May 13. 
I was in my infant development class and we just so happened to be talking about going into labor and having your water break. Right as I was walking out of my class Nat called me and told me her water broke! 
What are the odds?! 
I told her I put it into the atmosphere by thinking about it, so thanks to me she went into labor :) haha jk
She said they had to hurry and go to the hospital and didn't have time to grab any of their stuff, so she asked if we could grab it and bring it to them. I had to get a picture of our back seat cause I thought it was funny for some reason. Not really funny - but notice her cute as heck baby bag in the bottom right! Coach! So freakin cute. 
 
We had to wait a while cause Nat was getting her epidural. 
I took some pictures while we were waiting :)
It was such a beautiful day. And might I add - this hospital is amazing! So nice and homey!
We got to see some cute tiny brand new babies get rolled into the nursery!
We finally got to go into their room and see them 
Why was I not surprised that there was a basketball game on? Haha
We hung out with them for a couple hours while Nat was just waiting to get more dilated! 
I kind of feel bad now because they could have been sleeping (maybe) and it was their last few hours being just the two of them (gosh just saying that makes me feel bad!), but if Nat was going to deliver her soon, we wanted me to be there to take pictures of everything right after she had her and of course we got carried away talking forever like always. 
But we had fun. 
Trent claimed that he knew everything about labor and delivery because "he walked a cat through labor once." It became even more funny when Ryan tried to explain this to the nurse by saying "It's okay, Trent gave birth to a cat once." haha! 
That nurse was probably like a) why are you guys here hanging out with your friends at 10pm while she is in labor and b) you are weird! haha.
After a while we figured she wouldn't have her until about 2am and Trent had to work at 8am, and we decided we should let them have their time together and try to get some sleep, so we left. 
I was so excited when I got this text in the middle of the night!
Get it? :)
 My kids will call her Aunt Nat, and her kids will call me Aunt Nat! yay!
 
I love that little Aliah! She is so sweet and so dang cute. 
I got to help give her a bath a couple times and it is so cute! She loves it!
Can you say cutest thing ever!?
 Ryan got an internship in California for the summer, so they hurried and blessed her and took off! 
So sad to have them gone but I'm glad they're coming back! 
We love these 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment