June 4, 2012

HAWAII

Trent & I had the amazing opportunity to go to HAWAII!
Both of us had never been and had been dying to go, and finally got the chance!
My grandparents got to use a timeshare for a beach house in Hukilau Beach, Oahu and invited the family to come along!
It was a blast. I feel like we did everything we needed to, although we could have spent, well, our whole lives there! We decided we are moving there when we graduate. Half kidding, half serious. Why not?! I want to! Like really. I have this adventurous side to me and I think I would love to live anywhere, at least for a while. I need to get out of Utah and see more of the world :)
Anyways... 
Here’s some of the fun things we did. 
Here's the view from the back deck - amazing. 
The beach house :)
This guy was so funny. He made fire from 2 sticks & a coconut!
 So pretty there.
 Love my hawaiian lover!
 The fam on a canoeing tour :)
 we weaved these kissin' fish
 The famous pig we ate for the Luau!
 mmm

 three of my most favorite people!

they made us go up on stage and dance cause it was our anniversary month! I was laughing so hard for some reason!
 All of us girls!
We loved the Polynesian Cultural Center!
How cool is this?!
 sea turtles on the beach!
 ... and swimming with the sea turtles!
 At turtle bay resort

 the famous...
cute little fella
all the boys catchin' some waves!
 One morning I went to the Laie temple with my cute aunt Tami!
yummiest lunch of my life at Bubba Gumps!

 I think it is safe to say this is my all time favorite picture of him. mmm i just can't get enough of him!

 cute little army fighter man :)
 cute little army fighter men :)
 cute little army fighter couple (minus me about to fall off the not-moving... gun? is that what this is?)
 It was cool to see the American flag after seeing all of this. The two sunken ships are in the background too.
I always have fun with these three boys. We drove ourselves to pearl harbor all by ourselves with NO GPS - (I know, seems impossible right? I always wondered how our parents did it back in the day!) they all didn't bring their phones and mine had 7% left and still had to save power to call our fam when we were back to meet them, so we used a tiny little map of the whole island. Good times!
This was our favorite almost-nightly place to eat!
 I could definitely get used to that scenery!
 Trent LOVES the water & beach.





 I ran 9 miles on the beach one day, it was rough having all this to look at ;)
 THE best sandwich place at North Shore... Amazing!
 Somebody got a little too much sunshine. (PS in case your little wandering brain is wondering, yes he is wearing a swim suit.)
 Haunama Bay - the best snorkeling in Hawaii!
 The yard.
We all went kayaking, and it was so fun!! I had never been, so I was all excited for a nice little walk in the park (well, ride in the park), but it was SO hard!!! Haha! It is a serious arm workout people. Lindsay and I were laughing the whole time, we could never get in sync with each other! So we zig zagged down the river :)
I know, I know... I look prego, I have no idea why. Don't be getting any ideas. Let's be clear here, I am not pregnant. Maybe I ate too much pineapple. Or that hamburger you saw up there was pretty big...
we are all dorks!

Haaaandsome!
Easter Sunday

Our last day it was a little rainy (it made leaving a tiny bit easier - it would be so much harder to leave the sunny weather!). We all hiked Weimea Falls in the rain, I think it was actually more fun that way though :) Not to bring attention to it, but forgive my low tank top. I was simply trying to point out that the waterfall was coming from above, not to the left :)

 Jayne in the Rain - is she not the cutest?!
Summer, Lindsay, and I were laying out in the sunshine and all of a sudden comes this big rain cloud and we were like "it looks like it's gonna rain!" and then out of nowhere it starts POURING! We were wet before we even had time to grab our stuff and run inside! I came in and took this picture,
 And then realized, oh- who is still out in the ocean in the pouring rain? My husband of course. And Tyler and Riley. They are so funny.
My grandma made us this book of a bunch of pics from our trip! So cute!

I scored the jackpot in the family department, I love both sets of my grandparents so much!
Just look at them, how could you not love these two? She even autographed her pic for me :)


Trent took this pic with his GoPro, isn't it amazing?
Hawaii - be assured that your old friends Nat & Trent will be back soon! 
Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!! 

3 comments:

  1. wow, great long post! your hair looks so cute all curly! and i'm jealous. i love beach vacations. also, is that a huge crab on trent's hand!? scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cher! My hair is always a crazy situation haha, but thank you! Yeah I don't know how they pick up those crabs, that scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post Nat! I love all the pictures! I want to go back!!! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete