October 9, 2012

Yummiest Snack You'll Ever Have - Pesto Tuna Melts

My aunt Tami was telling me about what yummy snacks she makes, and this is one I had to share.
It's a Pesto Tuna Melt
 Might sound weird, might not, but read on...
First you mix some pesto sauce with a can (or two depending on how many you are making) of tuna, just like you normally mix mayo with tuna. But this way you don't have to use mayo! (You can still use a tiny bit if you want, but use mostly pesto.)
 Then turn your oven on to broil. 
Butter as many slices of bread as you are using and put it on a pan - I put it on tin foil for easy clean up :)
Put tuna on bread
Dice up some tomatoes (if you like tomatoes -hubby likes tomatoes, I don't. You could also use sun-dried tomatoes)
Put tomatoes on tuna
Put a slice of havardi cheese on tuna (or in my case, I didn't have havardi cheese at the moment and so I used some string cheese and that worked awesome!)
 Put in oven for a few minutes, watch it closely because you don't want it to burn! (as you can see, two of mine got a little too toasted- of course they were the two of mine without tomatoes! - but they were still amazing! It didn't taste burned at all)
Eat up and enjoy!! I've made these a few times lately, and they are so fun because they're easy (which I am all about), yummy, healthy, fast, and a nice change from your typical go-to snack.
Try it!

2 comments:

  1. This would be perfect with the Zupas Tomato Basil Soup!! this may be weird, but can you email me that recipe? or maybe repost it? i cant get it to load on my computer and i would die for that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally - good idea! I should try that! Here is the link - or you can just try clicking the link on the left side <<<< under Popular Posts. If that doesn't work for some reason, email me and i can email you the recipe. It should work though! http://trentalie.blogspot.com/2012/04/zupas-tomato-basil-soup.html. Thanks!

      Delete