August 29, 2011

Days of 47 Rodeo

Our super cute friends Shannon & Chase and us wanted to go to a rodeo this summer, aka Shannon & I did so we bought tickets and told our husbands they were coming with, 
so we went to 
the Days of 47 Rodeo in Salt Lake! It was so fun!
The best part of the whole thing though... Was President Monson was there! 
He was way more entertaining to watch, we all were just watching him the whole time! In a non stalker way of course. It was just funny to see how he reacted to things, and watch him eat his popcorn, and watch everyone slowly notice him, and watch the people in the arena ride up and shake his hand. 
He is just the cutest. 
 He is so funny! The rodeo part ended and they had one last thing on the agenda- motorcycles. We watched as his daughter got up and told him it was time to leave, but he wouldn't have it. He folded his arms and sat there until the show was over! Haha! 
 
Here's a little video of us observing him, haha
I wish I would have got a picture of him as he was leaving his seat. By the end of the rodeo, everyone sitting in the section by him had noticed him. So as he got up from his seat, he turned around to face them, put his arms up in the air like this as everyone cheered for him
and he walked down the stairs shaking all the security people's hands. What a funny guy! 
Oh PS the rodeo was good too :)

(Side story about President Monson: I remember one time when I was probably about 15, my family was down having lunch at Little America. We noticed President Monson was sitting at a table with his wife and a few other people! My little siblings and I really wanted to go say hi, so my mom let me take them over. Him and his wife were so sweet to talk to us for a second. My little brother Jeremy was wearing an Old Navy shirt, and President Monson goes "You think YOU'RE Old Navy? I'M OLD Navy!" Haha what a funny little sweetheart. We laugh about that still and I feel lucky I got to meet him and share that memory with my fam!)

So thanks Chase & Shannon for the fun date night :) We just love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment