June 16, 2011

Flu-Filled Festivities: Here's to You Moms!!


So this last weekend was quite the crazy adventure. Donny & Summer asked us if we would babysit their ADORABLE three little kids while they went on a fun get-away to Vegas! OF COURSE! They really are such dolls. Elle is 8 (in 4 days), Easton just turned 5, and Jayne is the sweetest, cutest 2 year old in the world.
I got there at about 11:30 on Thursday. Trent had things going on all day down in Provo so he wouldn't be able to make it up until Friday.
Summer gave me all the instructions and they were off! About an hour later, I look over at Jayne sitting on the couch and she has thrown up! What in the world?!

(**Side note: I am finding out that I have a curse. When I was little, my best friend/cousin Erika and I would always have sleepovers. And I kid you not, EVERY time I would go to her house to sleep over, I would get sick and throw up. Like you could just count on it. Every. Time. And every time our families would plan on getting together, someone in one of our families would throw up. We're just cursed! But the curse got turned over to me I guess. For example: Last time I babysat Donny & Summer's kids, Elle threw up in her bed. And Summer even told me last time their kids threw up was the last time I was there with Elle. So naturally, I get there and Jayne throws up :) not surprised.)

So I text Donny, they haven't even made it to Provo yet, and tell him I just must not have good luck. But we decide that it's probably just a one time deal, and hopefully she'll be fine. Oh no. I look over at her sitting on the next couch after I had cleaned up the mess, and she had thrown up again! The poor girl threw up a good 15 times that day. (In 15 different places. Smart babysitter...?)

Poor Donny and Summer felt so bad. And I felt so bad for poor little Jayne that didn't feel good, and I felt so bad that Donny & Summer weren't even getting a true vacation cause they were worrying about me and the kids!

Luckily she slept through the night, and so did I. The next day was Friday, and Trent & I wanted to take the kids to the zoo! Jayne seemed to be better, Easton and Elle were great, so Trent came up and we were off! We felt like a little family! It was so funny. We grabbed 2 normal water bottles and 3 tiny ones (Trent thought this was funny, I wish I took a picture cause it was like a little family.. if that makes sense), some sunblock, packed the kids in their car that we loved driving, and were off to the zoo!



We had so much fun at the zoo! Jayne loved looking at the monkeys, Easton LOVED all the dinosaurs (fake ones, obviously), and Elle had already been there a few times so already knew everything we were about to see, haha.



The sad gorilla was having a counseling session with Dr. Elle. He looked SO sad in there and SO bored! I said that out loud and some lady came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder and was like, "Just wanted to let you know that the Hogle Zoo is one of the top rated zoo's in the country for taking care of their animals. He gets to get out into the other enclosure whenever he wants." ookay...? thanks lady. Pretty sure he was the most bored animal in the world and wanted to get out. 



Well everything was going great until Jayne threw up in her stroller. Everywhere. Luckily Trent had thrown the baby wipes in the stroller, but yeah. We left shortly after haha. Then Easton really wanted a Slurpee so we made a pit stop at 7-11 on the way home. Poor Jayne didn't even walk all weekend. She just laid on the couch and watched movies and drank water from her sippy cup. I felt so bad for her, and she was such a sweetheart.

Well Saturday rolled around and I started to feel sick. I laid in bed all morning while Trent played Candyland and Mario Wii with Easton and Elle. He is gonna be a cute little daddy some day (in a LOT of days...) Luckily Jayne slept pretty much all morning too. But Trent had a Leadership Event that night, so there was no room for me to get sick. So I tried the “Tell yourself you aren't sick” Theory. My cute grandma and grandpa came over and we sat outside while the kids played and Jayne slept. It was fun sitting outside on the grass just having a nice little chat with my grandma. And the fresh air really did make me feel better :) After a while, they left and I walk in to hear Jayne throwing up. Wait grandma! Come back!! Haha. What is this like a 2 day flu?! She stayed up for a while with me after Elle and Easton went to bed. I started to feel sick again and couldn't wait for Trent to get home!

Sometimes Elle gets scared at night, and that night around 1am she came in and was like “Natalie? Ya know the boy that gets lost in Jayne's Strawberry Shortcake?? I can't find him and I'm scared...” I was like what on earth? Haha she must have been half asleep :)

Ugh ya know the feeling where you are like so cold and have the chills and can't get warm? That's how I felt, but then Trent told me how hot I was! He said I was like SO hot! (not the first time... haha jk) Anyways, I hate that whole fever/chills/body aches dilemma. But it all felt better when I woke up at about 1:45 and threw up. (are you loving these details?) Then I slept fine the rest of the night!

Sunday morning we wake up to hear Easton crying and yelling “I'M GONNA THROW UP!!” Haha Trent runs out there and luckily he made it in the toilet. Big boy! So here we are, Jayne is STILL sick, I am sick, and Easton now has it. Oh geez. Well we made it through the day, Donny & Summer came home, and Trent & I went home. Not gonna lie, I was totally physically and mentally just spent. It was 9:30 and I went right to bed. And had the chills & fever again. I woke up early Monday morning and was throwing up a lot and laid in bed ALL day long. It was good to rest though. And my cute husband went and got me some Coke & Gatorade and 8 am :)

ANYWAYS... All I have to say, is props to you moms!!! I don't know how you do it! I learned a lot about being a mom and how it is hard but rewarding. I only did it for like 4 days and it was totally fine, but it must get exhausting after days and days and days and days!!! Needless to say, Trent & I will not be having kids. For a few years. Like 5. or 6.  

1 comment:

  1. When Jeff and I babysat my sister's kids for a week 2 of them threw up for multiple days, 1 got an ear infection, and the other wouldn't sleep because he missed his mom too much. I will say this, having your own kids is much easier than babysitting. So glad you have a blog!!

    Jeffandarci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete